beautiful like this




//the fading sun and rising moon are fighting for the afternoon,
the day gives in,
gives up its light,
the stars wake up to keep the night,
and as your glory fills the sky,
I wonder,
how could you consider me beautiful like this?//

These lyrics by Josh Wilson's are so contemplative and always get me thinking about the wonder that us people are. Created in Christ's own image. Isn't that crazy? We truly are so much more beautiful and valuable than we give yourselves credit for.
Us, on our own, in our own strength, are nothing. We are seriously nothing to be proud of. But the beauty that Christ shines through us, in invaluable. Incomparable. I think to often we get the two of these confused. We get them confused and think we aren't good enough. We get them confused and think we are better than we are. That's not how it is. It is simple. We, on our own are nothing; we, in  Jesus alone, are everything.
I want to give the credit of any beauty in my life back to my savior.
I want to be Beautiful Like This.

Comments

Popular Posts